Definition of personage in English:
1A person (often used to express their significance, importance, or elevated status): it was no less a personage than the bishop
More example sentences
- The most influential people in Cambridge society were present and many personages of notable importance had travelled up from London to attend the event.
- There are also historical personages with almost mythical status - Sir Walter Raleigh, Sir Francis Drake, Admiral Nelson.
- She appeared to be a princess or a personage of high importance anyway.
1.1A character in a play or other work.
- Dancers perform and various personages enact their masquerade roles before the major characters make their appearances.
- Brenda is lewd, tough, quick-witted, hilarious - a more vivid character than any fictional personage in recent American movies.
- I have the ability to pour myself at will into other cartoon personages - male, female or indeterminate.
Words that rhyme with personageparsonage • Stevenage
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia