- A paid or unpaid day of leave from work for reasons other than illness or vacation, taken at the employee’s discretion: the company allows employees to take up to three personal days each yearMore example sentences
- This year, state workers who did not want to work on Thanksgiving Friday were required to take a personal day or a vacation day.
- Police officials pointed out that vacation days and personal days can be included in a week's total, inflating the number of hours paid above what was actually worked.
- Most people (myself included) take it as a vacation day or a personal day, but we're definitely open and 'fully operational'.
More definitions of personal dayDefinition of personal day in:
- The British & World English dictionary