- Excessive public admiration for or devotion to a famous person, especially a political leader.More example sentences
- But in spite of its collectivist ideology the system rested on a charismatic leader and a personality cult around him.
- But by opposing the myth of the objective reporter, don't you risk falling into the trap of your onscreen persona and the personality cult that grows up around it?
- In addition, he encouraged his own personality cult among his people, acquiring the status of a semi-god over the decades.
More definitions of personality cultDefinition of personality cult in:
- The British & World English dictionary