- 1Design or produce (something) to meet someone’s individual requirements: the wedding invitations will be personalized to your exact requirementsMore example sentences
- As well as offering individual customers personalised solutions it also works with businesses and government sectors, in particular, health trusts and airports.
- Care for the elderly and schooling would be personalised to meet individual need.
- She also designs personalised detox and weight-loss programmes to ensure her clients stay comfortable in their 27 in Seven jeans, even post-holiday blowout.
- 1.1Make (something) identifiable as belonging to a particular person, especially by marking it with their name or initials: (as adjective personalized) personalized license platesMore example sentences
- A close family friend gave the couple personalized napkins with their names embossed in gold.
- These bracelets not only feature encouraging words but on some websites, you can actually personalize them with your name, your own quote, or even your astrological sign.
- They are personalized with either your names or monogram on the front with the inside being blank for writing your thank you notes.
- 2Cause (something, especially an issue, argument, or debate) to become concerned with personalities or feelings rather than with general or abstract matters: the mass media’s tendency to personalize politicsMore example sentences
- The problem is that we Americans have this tendency to always personalize these conflicts.
- He argues that the issue shouldn't be personalized.
- And Buddhism and Hinduism were sketched out in the India issue: the less personalised and politicised nature of these religions makes it easier.
- 3 (often be personalized) Personify (something, especially a deity or spirit): evil spirits personalized in SatanMore example sentences
- The passage indicates he had personalized and humanized God.
- Bottero's concise explanation of henotheism clarifies how a pantheon, with its bewildering myriad of gods, becomes personalised through personal preference for a single deity.
- There are people for whom the evil that is afoot in the world has been personalized.
- More example sentences
- There's the issue of the personalization of schools.
- But doesn't personalization defeat the whole purpose of awareness?
- I have a commitment issue, I admit it, but apparently I've been on the right track all along when it comes to personalization.