Definition of perversion in English:
1The alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended: all great evil is the perversion of a good a scandalous perversion of the law
More example sentences
- Pure theory is too vulnerable to corruption and perversion at the hands of opportunists.
- Well, your Honours, the allegation was section 319 of the Crimes Act, perversion of the course of justice.
- When are the Chairman and governors of the BBC going to wake up their consciences and address this scandalous perversion of public service broadcasting?
2Sexual behavior or desire that is considered abnormal or unacceptable.
- They have accused me of supporting the sin of sexual perversion.
- In the revised Code, only sexual perversion and venereal disease remained totally forbidden.
- It seemed to me royals were always in on some kind of scandal, partner swapping, infidelity, one sexual perversion after another.
Words that rhyme with perversionanimadversion, aspersion, assertion, aversion, bioconversion, Cistercian, coercion, conversion, desertion, disconcertion, dispersion, diversion, emersion, excursion, exertion, extroversion, immersion, incursion, insertion, interspersion, introversion, Persian, submersion, subversion, tertian, version
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan