noun (plural pedes /ˈpēdēz, ˈpedēz/)• technical
- The human foot, or the corresponding terminal segment of the hind limb of a vertebrate animal.More example sentences
- Both hindlimbs are directed outward from the pelvis, with the superbly preserved pedes exposed splayed out in dorsal view.
- The variance in the general build of the manus and pes is presumably due to scaling with respect to the wide range in body sizes seen among synapsids.
- Sauropod footprints show heteropody, with relatively small manus and large pes prints.
mid 19th century: from Latin, 'foot'.
More definitions of pesDefinition of pes in:
- The British & World English dictionary