Definition of pesticide in English:
A substance used for destroying insects or other organisms harmful to cultivated plants or to animals.
- Once volatilized, a pesticide can move in air currents away from the treated surface.
- High prices are charged for manure, pesticides and other items needed by farmers.
- Do not pour pesticides or herbicides down sinks, drains or toilets.
- Example sentences
- Oils containing naphthene are less pesticidal and more likely to injure plants than paraffinic types.
- A single pesticidal product rarely gives the most effective and economical control.
- Such cover crops also include companion plants and others which are known to have pesticidal properties such as, for example, mustard and oats which suppress nematodes.
Words that rhyme with pesticideinsecticide • parasiticide
Definition of pesticide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.