- A sauce of crushed basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil, typically served with pasta.More example sentences
- On a cold blustery night, a meal of pasta, fresh pesto and good Parmesan made me feel like summer might not be far away.
- Guests can choose from a selection of sauces, including basil pesto, tomato pesto and bolognaise from a simmering wok.
- Thank God for pasta and those lovely little pots of sauce and pesto to pour over the top.
Italian, from pestare 'pound, crush'.
More definitions of pestoDefinition of pesto in:
- The British & World English dictionary