noun (plural petits fours /ˈpetē ˈfôrz/ or petit fours /ˈpetē ˈfôrz/)
- A very small fancy cake, cookie, or confection, typically made with marzipan and traditionally served after a meal.More example sentences
- It can also be baked lightly to make small biscuits and petits fours, akin to macaroons.
- The desserts are fabulous and with coffee and petits fours the bill came to £70 (inc G&Ts, a bottle of Chénas and a port).
- And mignardises were exactly what I had in mind when I bought my new Flexipan molds, the one for little tartlets and the one for hemispherical petits fours.
French, literally 'little oven'.
More definitions of petit fourDefinition of petit four in:
- The British & World English dictionary