- A pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather: other than the petrichor emanating from the rapidly drying grass, there was not a trace of evidence that it had rained at allMore example sentences
- Petrichor comes from atmospheric haze, which contains the terpenes, creosotes and other volatile compounds that emanate from plants.
- The musty, barky smell of fresh rain fallen on the dry earth is petrichor.
- I am wondering if they will get the time and the open space to experience the petrichor in the air.
More definitions of petrichorDefinition of petrichor in:
- The British & World English dictionary