- (Of rock) yielding or containing petroleum.More example sentences
- Fractures commonly serve as migration pathways for petroliferous fluids.
- Bulgarian exports to Romania consist mainly of petroleum and petroliferous shale oils, semi-manufactured iron, crude zinc, wheat, rye, and electricity.
- In the argillaceous fraction of a sedimentary series of petroliferous sandstones from the Sahara two successive diagenetic changes are considered.
More definitions of petroliferousDefinition of petroliferous in:
- The British & World English dictionary