- A type of weathered volcanic tuff used to make Chinese porcelain.More example sentences
- Other fusible materials were added: the mineral sericite (a type of mica called petuntse) by the Chinese, alabaster by the Böttger workshop.
- The proportions of kaolin and petuntse in hard-paste porcelain may vary.
- Unlike earthenware and stoneware, porcelain is basically made from a mixture of two ingredients - kaolin and petuntse.
early 18th century: from Chinese (Mandarin dialect) báidūnzi, from bái 'white' + dūn 'stone' + the suffix -zi.
More definitions of petuntseDefinition of petuntse in:
- The British & World English dictionary