Definition of pewee in English:
A North American tyrant flycatcher with dark olive-gray plumage and a call that sounds like “pee-a-wee.”.
- Genus Contopus, family Tyrannidae: several species
- From the Atlantic coastline to the Pocomoke River and Forest, Worcester is home to pelicans and peewees, kingbirds and cuckoos, and herons, harriers, and eagles.
- On the island itself, titmice, chickadees, pewees, and at least one Red-bellied Woodpecker thrived.
- A pair of pewees darted between twigs above the path, calling occasionally, and a hummingbird or two whizzed overhead.
Late 18th century: imitative.
Definition of pewee in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.