Used to represent a dull abrupt sound as of a slight impact or explosion.
More example sentences
- But if you think you're going to get off that easy - pfft!
- I'm not even positive that it's tea, but it's herbal and comes in bags so pfft!
- I haven't yet… haven't even gotten though one chapter yet. Pfft… might email that tutorial ethics guy and ask him what chapters we're supposed to read.
- informal Fail to work properly or at all.More example sentences
- Sometimes I think people get the wrong impression of me: that I seem however on first impression, but when they date me or once they get to know me, it all goes pfft.
- I gradually progressed to solid state, but I enjoyed the valve era more, at least with valves you had time to switch it off before the thing went PFFT!
- So, our Internet connection just went pfft (we had DSL), and I'm not sure how long it'll take to get fixed, but meanwhile we have no Internet at home.