- A technique for the production and screening of novel proteins and polypeptides by inserting a gene fragment into a gene responsible for the surface protein of a bacteriophage. The new protein appears in the surface coating of the phage, in which it can be manipulated and tested for biological activity.More example sentences
- Here we describe an approach for the mapping of linear peptide epitopes of fragmented genes by phage display.
- Newer techniques (for example, phage display technology to generate novel antibodies) have, and will be, developed for evolving new genes in bacteria, or in test tubes, for eventual use in plants.
- The generation of peptides (either through phage display or chemical synthesis) is routine and highly reliable, as are the techniques required for their analysis and purification.
More definitions of phage displayDefinition of phage display in:
- The British & World English dictionary