Definition of phalanger in English:
A lemurlike tree-dwelling marsupial native to Australia and New Guinea.
- Family Phalangeridae: several genera, in particular Phalanger and Spilocuscus, and including the cuscuses; the common phalanger is either the spotted cuscus or the gray cuscus . See also flying phalanger
- And we had a phalanger, a flying possum that used to cling onto the curtains and fly around at night.
- Brushtail phalangers have large ears, small dark eyes and extremely soft fur which varies in color from gray to rust red. They have a brush-like tail which is prehensile, but not weight bearing.
- Phalangers, more commonly known as possums and cuscuses, are marsupials but with a vague resemblance to some monkeys.
Late 18th century: from French, from Greek phalangion 'spider's web' (because of the webbed toes of their hind feet).
Words that rhyme with phalangerganja, grandeur
Definition of phalanger in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.