Definition of pharma in English:
1 (often in phrase big pharma) Pharmaceutical companies collectively as a sector of industry.
- The effective cure of the biggest killer in the Western world would have been a triumph for mankind, medicine, and big pharma.
- Academia does more basic research than pharma; pharma does more clinical work than academia.
- Among the many wiles exposed are big pharma's use of contract research organisations to exert undue influence over clinical research and its insidious seduction of doctors.
2A pharmaceutical company.
- Weighing up the risks, Pfizer faces the normal development delays and setbacks which pharmas encounter with regard to the timing, efficacy and market potential of new products.
- The big pharmas are always whining that their drugs have to cost so much because their R & D costs are so high.
- ‘Most pharmas sell chemically produced products,’ he said.
Definition of pharma in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.