Relating to medicinal drugs, or their preparation, use, or sale.
- From the perspective of the pharmaceutical industry, statins are an ideal group of drugs.
- The organisation believes that the pharmaceutical industry is willing to lower the price of antimalarial drugs.
- The pharmaceutical industry has little incentive to develop new drugs for use primarily in developing countries.
1A compound manufactured for use as a medicinal drug.
- Bioprospecting is one avenue for the discovery of novel pharmaceuticals, especially antibiotics.
- Some biologists may only work in silico, searching the databases for novel ways to make vitamins or pharmaceuticals such as antibiotics.
- Can you tell us more about this herb, especially what other antidepressants or pharmaceuticals should be avoided?
1.1 (pharmaceuticals) Companies manufacturing medicinal drugs.
- Finally, it's a big week for the pharmaceuticals with no less than five biotechs reporting results.
- Analysts expect cross-border mergers and acquisitions to intensify in areas like pharmaceuticals and software.
- We have clients in most sectors, including finance, pharmaceuticals, telecoms and government.
- Example sentences
- Moreover, many fatal overdoses occur because polydrug users deliberately use multiples of the therapeutic dose of pharmaceutically pure drugs, such as benzodiazepines and methadone.
- Treating depression during pregnancy pharmaceutically has always presented problems for WLL because of the scantiness of reliable information on the effects of antidepressants on the baby.
- There are now pharmaceutically available brands of natural progesterone, natural estrogen.
- Example sentences
- Many pharmacy schools/colleges, new and established, have very few or no faculty members in the areas of pharmaceutics, pharmacognosy, and/or medicinal chemistry at present.
- The professional pharmacy curriculum focuses mostly on drug interactions, pharmaceutics, drug products, and diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- In addition, DNA condensation is becoming important for pharmaceutics, because the formation of compact particles is one of the possible ways for DNA delivery in gene therapy.
Mid 17th century: via late Latin from Greek pharmakeutikos (from pharmakeutēs 'druggist', from pharmakon 'drug') + -al.
Words that rhyme with pharmaceuticalcuticle, therapeutical
Definition of pharmaceutical in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.