Definition of pharmaceutical in English:
Of or relating to medicinal drugs, or their preparation, use, or sale.
- From the perspective of the pharmaceutical industry, statins are an ideal group of drugs.
- The organisation believes that the pharmaceutical industry is willing to lower the price of antimalarial drugs.
- The pharmaceutical industry has little incentive to develop new drugs for use primarily in developing countries.
noun(usually pharmaceuticals) Back to top
1A compound manufactured for use as a medicinal drug.
- Bioprospecting is one avenue for the discovery of novel pharmaceuticals, especially antibiotics.
- Some biologists may only work in silico, searching the databases for novel ways to make vitamins or pharmaceuticals such as antibiotics.
- Can you tell us more about this herb, especially what other antidepressants or pharmaceuticals should be avoided?
1.1 (pharmaceuticals) Companies manufacturing medicinal drugs.
- Finally, it's a big week for the pharmaceuticals with no less than five biotechs reporting results.
- Analysts expect cross-border mergers and acquisitions to intensify in areas like pharmaceuticals and software.
- We have clients in most sectors, including finance, pharmaceuticals, telecoms and government.
- Example sentences
- Moreover, many fatal overdoses occur because polydrug users deliberately use multiples of the therapeutic dose of pharmaceutically pure drugs, such as benzodiazepines and methadone.
- Treating depression during pregnancy pharmaceutically has always presented problems for WLL because of the scantiness of reliable information on the effects of antidepressants on the baby.
- There are now pharmaceutically available brands of natural progesterone, natural estrogen.
- Example sentences
- Many pharmacy schools/colleges, new and established, have very few or no faculty members in the areas of pharmaceutics, pharmacognosy, and/or medicinal chemistry at present.
- The professional pharmacy curriculum focuses mostly on drug interactions, pharmaceutics, drug products, and diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- In addition, DNA condensation is becoming important for pharmaceutics, because the formation of compact particles is one of the possible ways for DNA delivery in gene therapy.
Words that rhyme with pharmaceuticalcuticle, therapeutical
Definition of pharmaceutical in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.