Definition of pharmacopeia in English:
1A book, especially an official publication, containing a list of medicinal drugs with their effects and directions for their use.
- The official pharmacopoeia of the London College of Physicians of 1676 gave directions for the extraction of animal reproductive organs as a treatment for numerous illnesses and as sexual stimulants.
- A 1929 European pharmacopoeia listed 80 patent medicines whose ingredients were radioactive: they came in the form of bath salts, liniment, suppositories, and toothpaste.
- The solution is to develop an official pharmacopoeia similar to the German commission E monographs.
1.1A stock of medicinal drugs.
- When arrested, Ryder was found to have not only store merchandise in her purse, but a virtual pharmacopeia.
- But to dispense is to feel and to feel is an honor, which might just provide a precious second chance at realization and is this not better than any pharmacopoeia?
- By modern standards, Civil War pharmacopoeia consisted almost entirely of deadly poisons.
Definition of pharmacopeia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.