noun (plural pharmacies)
- 1A store where medicinal drugs are dispensed and sold.More example sentences
- Individual tablets are being sold in pharmacies without appropriate diagnosis or supervision.
- At the doses recommended on products available in pharmacies and health food shops, the ingredients appear to be safe.
- They can be bought over-the-counter at pharmacies and health food shops.
- 1.1The science or practice of the preparation and dispensing of medicinal drugs.More example sentences
- As Langenheim demonstrates, the list of uses of resins in folk medicine and pharmacy alone is huge.
- Ever mindful of his training in pharmacy he did not fail to criticise what he saw as defects in The London Pharmacopoeia.
late Middle English (denoting the administration of drugs): from Old French farmacie, via medieval Latin from Greek pharmakeia 'practice of the druggist', based on pharmakon 'drug'.
More definitions of pharmacyDefinition of pharmacy in:
- The British & World English dictionary