- Inflammation of the pharynx, causing a sore throat.More example sentences
- As in streptococcal pharyngitis, acute rheumatic fever and poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis most often occur in children.
- Group A streptococci are the most important human pathogens causing acute pyogenic infections such as pharyngitis and pyoderma.
- The great majority of cases begin as a tonsillitis or pharyngitis with occasional cases associated with mastoiditis, otitis media, parotitis, sinusitis and dental infections.
More definitions of pharyngitisDefinition of pharyngitis in:
- The British & World English dictionary