Definition of phase angle in English:
1An angle representing a difference in phase, 360 degrees (2π radians) corresponding to one complete cycle.
- Given that the field oscillates at 60Hz, this gives me a phase angle of 0.4PI radians between samples.
- Time-resolved anisotropy measurements are obtained from the frequency-dependent phase angle difference between the parallel and perpendicular components of the modulated fluorescence emission.
- The phase angle 8 defines the relative contributions of viscous and elastic resistances to particle motion and can be computed from the slope of Gd versus frequency.
1.1 Astronomy The angle between the lines joining a given planet to the sun and to the earth.
- The left image is from a phase angle of only 6 degrees, and Janus appears bright because nearly its entire visible surface is reflecting light.
- In astronomy, many light curve measurements are done at near zero phase angles (in opposition) because the scattering surface area of the measured object is largest.
- Ring structures containing these tiny particles brighten substantially at high phase angles: i.e., viewing angles where the Sun is almost directly behind the objects being imaged.
Definition of phase angle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan