Definition of phenanthrene in English:
A crystalline hydrocarbon present in coal tar, used especially in making dyes and synthetic drugs.
- A tricyclic compound: chemical formula: C14H10
- The organic compound phenanthrene can be precipitated from an ethanolic solution by the addition of water.
- Fujiwara repeated uptake and release experiments with both pyrene and phenanthrene, whose molecules are smaller than those of cholestane, with similar results.
- The Cornell team worked with sand contaminated with phenanthrene, a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon typically found in coal tar.
Definition of phenanthrene in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.