- 1Very remarkable; extraordinary: the town expanded at a phenomenal rateMore example sentences
remarkable, exceptional, extraordinary, amazing, astonishing, astounding, sensational, stunning, incredible, unbelievable; marvelous, magnificent, wonderful, outstanding, singular, out of the ordinary, unusual, unprecedented• literary wondrous
- His scoring rate was phenomenal and he is definitely one of the jewels in Tipperary's crown.
- When WFCAM is scanning the sky it will produce images at a phenomenal rate.
- The mites breed at a phenomenal rate in soft furnishings such as pillows and mattresses.
- 2Perceptible by the senses or through immediate experience: the phenomenal worldMore example sentences
- Heidegger is not simply describing the phenomenal character of our experience of others.
- Nietzsche rejected the Kantian distinction between a noumenal and phenomenal world.
- Now one might wonder why the immediacy of visual perception and the phenomenal principle are in conflict.
- More example sentences
- But the thing is - it was incredible - a phenomenally beautiful piece of furniture.
- Search engines now are phenomenally powerful and you can find information on any subject.
- A wall across the border would be phenomenally expensive, it wouldn't be particularly effective.