Definition of phenylalanine in English:
An amino acid widely distributed in plant proteins. It is an essential nutrient in the diet of vertebrates.
- Chemical formula: C6H5CH2CH(NH2)COOH
- Trypsin favors basic residues like lysine and arginine; chymotrypsin favors aromatic residues like phenylalanine, tyrosine, and tryptophan.
- Like its amino-acid sister phenylalanine, tyrosine is a key nutrient that your body can use to restock NE stores depleted by ephedrine.
- The amino acids tyrosine and phenylalanine are the building materials for catecholamines, which are used as source material for both neurotransmitters and for hormones.
Definition of phenylalanine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.