- Devoted to music (chiefly used in the names of orchestras): the Vienna Philharmonic OrchestraMore example sentences
- From the classical to pantomime, from light operatic to sacred music, philharmonic orchestras to brass bands, musicals to pop, week by week Bolton displays its culture.
- First, a musical overture with a philharmonic orchestra numbering around 60 musicians, and then 36 dancers, les Rexgirls, came on stage.
- Central to all this choral music were the philharmonic societies that sprang up in most major cities around Europe.
More definitions of philharmonicDefinition of philharmonic in:
- The British & World English dictionary