Definition of philogynist in English:
A person who likes or admires women.
- So for the men the next time a woman accuses you of being a misogynist you can reply "Well, actually I'm a philogynist.
- For the human being, to my mind, is a thing of beauty in emotion, in mind and in body when given the freedom to let its imagination fly and, being a philogynist, to have this portrayed visually by women is most wonderful!
- Example sentences
- And in this issue of Diwan he is joined by the tempestuous genius William Blake and the German-French Lena Vandrey whose sophisticated philogyny is fascinating in its explosion of shapes and colours.
- Misogyny and philogyny are two sides of the same coin, to use a cliché. It is to Bukowski's credit that the women he describes are heterogeneous and non-interchangeable.
Words that rhyme with philogynistmisogynist
Definition of philogynist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan