Definition of phlox in English:
A North American plant that typically has dense clusters of colorful scented flowers, widely grown as a rock-garden or border plant.
- Genus Phlox, family Polemoniaceae
- Creeping phlox, thyme and aubrietia grow between terrace stones, in typical English fashion, next to a creeping bent lawn.
- If you pick perennial plants, like the alpine phlox or gazania, then you can divide them and propagate them throughout the border.
- Try poppies, cornflowers, stocks, love-in-a-mist, cosmos, mignonette, larkspur, honesty, ox-eye daisies, marigolds, phlox, sunflowers, zinnias - whatever takes your fancy.
Definition of phlox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan