Definition of phone hacking in English:
The action or practice of gaining unauthorized access to data stored in another person’s phone, especially in order to access their voicemail.
- Her claims came after the former home secretary said there may be a need for a police inquiry into mobile phone hacking to be reopened.
- But he claimed that it was an isolated incident and that he had known nothing about the phone hacking.
- "I hope now finally that the police will be able to conduct the full, transparent, and thorough inquiry into phone hacking that we are still waiting for and that the murky truth will come to light."
phone hacker noun
- Example sentences
- In a telephone interview, the 21-year-old phone hacker demonstrated how he could spoof his Caller ID to appear to be phoning from the reporter's office.
- Another phone hacker, speaking on condition of anonymity, was openly angry about the service, because he was hoping to be first to market with his own copycat.
- What piqued the interest of phreakers (phone hackers) was discovering that over a long distance connection, the cheap plastic whistle's pitch granted "operator mode" - carte blanche to the telephone system.
Definition of phone hacking in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan