1A menu-driven system that routes callers to recordings, more menus, or a person, depending on their responses: users had to navigate an elaborate phone tree before reaching a counselor
More example sentences
- On the phone tree, Press #5 for "Hot Issues."
- He couldn't get through to customer service and found himself lost in an automatic phone tree.
- Today, I finally had enough time to navigate through Register.com's phone tree and reach the right customer-service person.
2A system for contacting a large number of people quickly in which each person called then telephones a number of other designated people.
- To put your phone number on the phone tree contact John.
- Neighbors living next to the park organized themselves to watch for illicit activity and summon police response via a phone tree.
- Meetings should be held and phone trees established to develop an action plan.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.