- An enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of organic phosphates in a specified (acid or alkaline) environment.More example sentences
- The granules contain several enzymes: alkaline phosphatase, collagenase, and lysozyme.
- Patients presenting with obstructive jaundice show increases in serum bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, and glutamyl transferase.
- Laboratory findings included elevated levels of alkaline phosphatase and lactate dehydrogenase.
More definitions of phosphataseDefinition of phosphatase in:
- The British & World English dictionary