- (Chiefly of rocks and fertilizer) containing or consisting of phosphates.More example sentences
- The basal part of the transgressive sandstone contains erosion surfaces, reworked bioclasts, phosphatic and glauconite pellets.
- Nodules rich in phosphatic material are found in residual accumulations along disconformities, such as bone beds or lag deposits in marine limestones and shales.
- The sample was taken from a thin limestone lens with phosphatic oolites within the phosphatic greensand.
More definitions of phosphaticDefinition of phosphatic in:
- The British & World English dictionary