- 1Relating to or containing phosphorus.More example sentences
- 3,500 million years ago in some warm little pond, with ammonia, phosphoric salts, light, heat etc. present, a protein compound was chemically formed to undergo.
- Observers, however, revealed some irregularities, including the use of wooden and thus non-transparent ballot boxes and a weakened solution of phosphoric ink.
- This increased pollution in the water body by raising the phosphoric content in the lake, thereby encouraging weed growth.
- 1.1 Chemistry Of phosphorus with a valence of five. Compare with phosphorous.More example sentences
- For instance, the phosphoric compounds or polyvalent metal salts may be added to a water system continuously or intermittently to maintain their necessary concentrations.
- Just as sulfur forms sulfurous and sulfuric compounds, phosphorus forms phosphorous and phosphoric compounds.
late 18th century: from French phosphorique, from phosphore 'phosphorus'.
More definitions of phosphoricDefinition of phosphoric in:
- The British & World English dictionary