- A crystalline acid obtained, e.g., by treating phosphates with sulfuric acid, and used in fertilizer and soap manufacture and in food processing.
More example sentences
- A tribasic acid; chemical formula: H3PO4
- If the alcohol (with the exception of methanol) is heated with aluminum oxide, phosphoric acid or excess sulphuric acid, an alkene is formed along with a molecule of water.
- The pair had been polishing off rough edges of metal from the inside of the stainless steel cylinder using an electro-plating process of pumping electricity through a solution of sulphuric acid and phosphoric acid.
- To give food a light texture, and/or control its acidity/alkalinity, yeast, sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, fumaric acid, phosphoric acid, lactic acid, and tartrates may be added.
More definitions of phosphoric acidDefinition of phosphoric acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary