- (Of a substance) capable of a chemical or physical change in response to illumination.More example sentences
- None of the subjects had a history of photosensitivity, was receiving photoactive medication, or had sunbathed within 3 months of participating in the study.
- The team used chromophores with very large two-photon absorption cross sections to develop photoactive materials, and tuned the laser to excite the dyes.
- The supramolecular assembly of photoactive materials into thin film architectures is a topic of current theoretical and experimental interest and of significant practical importance in photoelectric devices.
More definitions of photoactiveDefinition of photoactive in:
- The British & World English dictionary