- An electron emitted from an atom by interaction with a photon, especially an electron emitted from a solid surface by the action of light.More example sentences
- Above the photoelectric threshold, photoelectrons are emitted in proportion to the intensity of incident light.
- The other perplexing fact was that the photoelectrons seemed to be emitted instantaneously when the light was turned on.
- If they receive a second exposure with a low intensity light, developer anions adsorbed to the surface sensitivity centers effectively repel the photoelectrons so that surface latent image specks cannot form.
- More example sentences
- PFCs are given off primarily during the dry etching and chemical vapor deposition processes in the production of semiconductors and photoelectronic devices.
- Wu said that because of the park's sound environment for high-tech firms in the photoelectronic industry, firms from related industries have also been encouraged to choose central Taiwan as their base.
- A photoelectronic detector measures the light passing through the aperture.
More definitions of photoelectronDefinition of photoelectron in:
- The British & World English dictionary