Definition of photograph in English:
A picture made using a camera, in which an image is focused onto film or other light-sensitive material and then made visible and permanent by chemical treatment, or stored digitally.
- Mo came round today with her digital camera and took a photograph of what will probably be my image on the publicity.
- In police custody, his solicitors came with a digital camera and took nineteen photographs of his injuries.
- The wide space provided as border for each picture puts the focus on the photograph.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Example sentences
- But, occasionally I run into pictures of brides so flawless, weddings so stunning, and details so carefully attended to that I start freaking out again, knowing I could never do anything but fall short of this photographable perfection.
- In the illustrated magazines the world has become a photographable present, and the photographed present has become entirely eternalized.
- I couldn't really get a firm handle on my ‘worth,’ but the gown was stunning, and undeniably photographable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.