A picture made using a camera, in which an image is focused onto film or other light-sensitive material and then made visible and permanent by chemical treatment, or stored digitally.
More example sentences
- Mo came round today with her digital camera and took a photograph of what will probably be my image on the publicity.
- In police custody, his solicitors came with a digital camera and took nineteen photographs of his injuries.
- The wide space provided as border for each picture puts the focus on the photograph.
verb[with object] Back to top
- More example sentences
- But, occasionally I run into pictures of brides so flawless, weddings so stunning, and details so carefully attended to that I start freaking out again, knowing I could never do anything but fall short of this photographable perfection.
- In the illustrated magazines the world has become a photographable present, and the photographed present has become entirely eternalized.
- I couldn't really get a firm handle on my ‘worth,’ but the gown was stunning, and undeniably photographable.