- The art or practice of taking and processing photographs.
Modern photography is based on the property of silver compounds decomposing to metallic silver when exposed to light. The light-sensitive salts are held in an emulsion (in color film, layers of emulsion) usually mounted on transparent roll filmMore example sentences
- The firm has just branched out into doing canvas prints and fine art photography.
- That explains why she tried so hard to achieve the effect of painting in photography.
- This is photography as an art form as you will never have seen it before.
More definitions of photographyDefinition of photography in:
- The British & World English dictionary