(also photoperiodicity /-ˌpi(ə)rēəˈdisitē/)
nounBotany & Zoology
- The response of an organism to seasonal changes in day length.More example sentences
- When it comes to flowering, photoperiodism is by no means the only game in town.
- Sensitivity to the timing of light and darkness, termed photoperiodism, involves the integration of temporal information, provided by the circadian oscillator, with light/dark discrimination provided by specific photoreceptors.
- Cryptochromes are pigmented photoreceptors that are involved in blue-light mediated photomorphogenesis and photoperiodism in plants.
More definitions of photoperiodismDefinition of photoperiodism in:
- The British & World English dictionary