Definition of photophobia in English:
Extreme sensitivity to light.
- The clinical features of thyroid eye disease include ocular pain, photophobia, chemosis, diplopia, exophthalmos, and eye irritation.
- Older children may complain of a headache, photophobia (eye sensitivity to light), and a stiff neck, which is often noted by the doctor during a physical exam.
- The eye involvement can include uveitis, episcleritis, conjunctivitis, and photophobia.
- Example sentences
- Two days later she became drowsy, photophobic, and meningitic.
- He was hypochondriacal and photophobic, believing that daylight could damage his eyes.
- Affected children may also be photophobic and have watering eyes and cloudy corneas.
Definition of photophobia in:
- British & World English dictionary