Definition of photophobia in English:
Extreme sensitivity to light.
- The clinical features of thyroid eye disease include ocular pain, photophobia, chemosis, diplopia, exophthalmos, and eye irritation.
- Older children may complain of a headache, photophobia (eye sensitivity to light), and a stiff neck, which is often noted by the doctor during a physical exam.
- The eye involvement can include uveitis, episcleritis, conjunctivitis, and photophobia.
- Example sentences
- Two days later she became drowsy, photophobic, and meningitic.
- He was hypochondriacal and photophobic, believing that daylight could damage his eyes.
- Affected children may also be photophobic and have watering eyes and cloudy corneas.
Definition of photophobia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan