Definition of photopositive in English:
1 Biology (Of an organism) tending to move toward light.
- The frequency of lethal and semilethal chromosomes in the photopositive population was 43%, and those for the photonegative and the unselected populations were 18% and 27%.
- At higher temperatures D. pseudoobscura, D. simulans, and D. melanogaster become more photopositive, while D. ananassae and D. willistoni become less photopositive.
2 Physics (Of a substance) exhibiting an increase in electrical conductivity under illumination.
- Most maskants are photopositive materials and are designed to operate at low pH and to be developed (or stripped) in high pH solvents.
- When a photopositive material is used, the photosensitive material situated on the active sensor surface is exposed, while the remaining photosensitive material remains unexposed.
Definition of photopositive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan