- A photosensitive resist that, when exposed to light, loses its resistance or its susceptibility to attack by an etchant or solvent. Such materials are used in making microcircuits.More example sentences
- The gold layers are structured by means of a process called photolithography, whereby light sensitive polymer resins or photoresists serve as masking material for the transfer of images onto the underlying substrate.
- When exposed to light, the photoresist undergoes a chemical change that alters its solubility in a certain solvent.
- The researchers recorded the image onto a photoresist, a polymer coating on the other side of the superlens that becomes insoluble when exposed to UV light.
More definitions of photoresistDefinition of photoresist in:
- The British & World English dictionary