- (Of an organism) obtaining energy from sunlight to synthesize organic compounds for nutrition.More example sentences
- By contrast, no linkage was detected in crosses with the five class II mutant strains since phototrophic recombinants were recovered at high frequency.
- Overall, the results stress the importance of both heterotrophic and phototrophic metabolisms when considering environmental controls on the structure of bacterial communities in the sea.
- Synthesis of the full spectrum of flavour precursors may resume if the callus is allowed to redifferentiate or regain a capacity for phototrophic metabolism.
More definitions of phototrophicDefinition of phototrophic in:
- The British & World English dictionary