1A greenish-blue crystalline dye of the porphyrin group.
- Chemical formula: C32H18N8.
- In general, these newer drugs have been based on the structure of chlorin, purpurin, phthalocyanine or naphthalocyanine.
- This spectrum clearly indicates efficient singlet-singlet energy transfer from carotenoid to phthalocyanine.
- By attaching differing substituent groups, some of which are water soluble and some of which are fat soluble, an unsymmetrically substituted phthalocyanine is created which is both water and fat soluble.
1.1Any of a large class of green or blue pigments and dyes that are chelate complexes of this compound or one of its derivatives with a metal (in particular, copper).
- Among the aluminum phthalocyanines, the hydrophilic tetrasulfonated derivative is localized in the vascular stroma and induces tumor regression by the indirect mechanism of vascular destruction.
- The suppression of the photodynamic potency of aluminum phthalocyanines was attributed to desorption of the dyes from lipid bilayers induced by fluoride or hydroxyl ions.
- It was found that a combination of cobalt or iron phthalocyanine and sodium ascorbate has high in vitro and in vivo antitumor activity.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of phthalocyanine in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.