nounMedicine & Veterinary Medicine
- Infection with a parasitic fungus that affects the sinuses and the tissues of the lungs, skin, and nerves.
More example sentences
- The fungus is typically a phycomycete, typically of the genus Rhizopus, Absidia, or Mucor
- This treatment option, however, like all other phycomycosis treatment plans, is extremely expensive.
- Phycomycosis (mucormycosis) was diagnosed in a 17-month-old female gray squirrel.
More definitions of phycomycosisDefinition of phycomycosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary