- 1A person qualified to practice medicine.More example sentences
- This will include treatment from specialist physicians, physiotherapists and psychologists.
- We no longer trust the caring general practitioner, the wise physician, or the conscientious surgeon.
- A small proportion of the samples were referral samples sent by physicians in private practice.
- 1.1A healer: physicians of the soulMore example sentences
- Known as the physician of the soul, he used astrology primarily as a means of helping to heal the soul rather than as a tool of prediction.
- The particular aim of this present symposium was to help illuminate the image of the diocesan priest as "spiritual physician."
physician, heal thyself
- • proverb Before attempting to correct others, make sure that you aren’t guilty of the same faults.[with biblical allusion to Luke 4:23]More example sentences
- The most bizarre was a CNN discussion about whether there was too much news coverage of the crisis - physician, heal thyself!
- Clearly, it's a case of ‘physician, heal thyself’, as in, sort out the problems you and the Government are causing first before telling the rest of us that we are major contributors to inflation.
- Surprisingly, none of the assembled scientists shouted out ‘physician, heal thyself’.
Middle English: from Old French fisicien, based on Latin physica 'things relating to nature' (see physic).