1The branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts.
- I have taken many classes dealing with physiology and biology, and there's no way that animals are that similar to us.
- The basic human sciences involved are anatomy, physiology, and psychology.
- Now sports science has lots of branches to it these days, from physiology to biomechanics, dietetics to psychology.
1.1The way in which a living organism or bodily part functions: the physiology of the brain
More example sentences
- Of course we need to be respectful of the biology and physiology of illness.
- Variables in the model were age, end stage disease, length of stay in unit, cardiothoracic surgery, and physiology.
- Most of them follow the medical model, that is, they deal with the actual physiology of making vocal sound.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of physiology in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.