Definition of phytochemistry in English:
The branch of chemistry concerned with plants and plant products.
- Phytochemistry, or the chemistry of plants, one of the early subdivisions of organic chemistry, has been of great importance in the identification of plant substances of medicinal importance.
- In the laboratory of pharmacognosy and phytochemistry, we are studying natural products chemistry.
- Example sentences
- MNL scientists included phytochemists Neil Robinson, Felicity Currie, Zahid Latif, and the late Maria In's Chicarelli-Robinson, natural products chemist and managing director at MNL.
- A multidisciplinary team of pharmacognosists, phytochemists and pharmacologists was involved in preparing this monograph.
Definition of phytochemistry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.