- A piano equipped to be played automatically using a piano roll.More example sentences
- Piano solos, duets, and accompanied songs were the mainstays, joined by novelties for concertinas and harmoniums, and, later on, the pianola.
- In the third movement, this comes out most clearly, as the pianola sputters to a breakdown.
- The mechanical instrument museum was fascinating; its exhibits range from early musical clocks through pianolas and reproducing pianos to enormous dance organs which were the precursors of the disco.
late 19th century: apparently a diminutive of piano1.
More definitions of pianolaDefinition of pianola in:
- The British & World English dictionary