- Of or relating to an episodic style of fiction dealing with the adventures of a rough and dishonest but appealing hero: a rowdy, picaresque "guys being guys" movieMore example sentences
- Part science fiction, part picaresque, and part burlesque, its alphabetized entries gesture provocatively, giving glimpses of their source's unattainable body.
- Besides creating a literary genre, the picaresque novel, the book is like a mural depicting a society and an era.
- Juan's picaresque adventures in a wide variety of European contexts see him constantly dealing with disappointment and disillusionment.
early 19th century: from French, from Spanish picaresco. See picaro.
More definitions of picaresqueDefinition of picaresque in:
- The British & World English dictionary